Dr. Eric uses safe and effective peptides that have powerful, life-changing effects. Peptide treatments are an excellent way for patients to increase their overall health, wellness and vitality. Peptide treatments are often administered as part of an overall age management plan that can be created for both men and women. They work amazing when combined with a customized hormone optimization and nutrition program!
So, what is a peptide? A peptide is a small chain of amino acids. Usually, a peptide is an amino acid structure with less than 50 amino acids and a protein has more than 50 (in general although there are exceptions). Peptides are used in your body to send signals, communicate and turn on/off biological processes. When we talk about peptide therapy we are referring to using peptides that are either the same or very similar to our body’s own natural occurring peptides to achieve a result or improve body function.
As we age and experience various changes in diet, stress levels, and lifestyle, the production of some essential amino acids and peptides decreases. If you aren’t absorbing or making enough of these amino acids, your production of that hormone will be lowered. For example, as we age levels of growth hormone decrease. There are several amino acids that are necessary to produce such hormones.
Those of us interested in health and fitness are looking to counteract the lower levels of these essential amino acids and peptides in order to maximize our body’s ability to both recover and perform at an optimal level.
Peptide treatments are becoming more common among individuals looking to improve their health.After a consultation, your medical provider will determine the specific peptide or combination of peptides to achieve your specific goals.
Below are some examples of some that we use:
Thymosin Alpha 1
The physiological processes that Thymic peptides—which are naturally produced in the thymus gland—include stimulation or suppression of immune responses, regulation of cell motility, neuroplasticity, repair and remodeling of vessels of the heart and other injured tissues, angiogenesis, and stem cell differentiation.
They help to balance the immune system and combat excessive inflammation. Essentially, thymic peptides modulate the immune system and can aid in the treatments of chronic infections and autoimmune condtions.
• Increases immune cell activity
• Stimulates T cell production
• Assists in the development of B cells to plasma cells
• Decreases production of pro-inflammatory cytokines
• Normalizes immune balance and response
• Normalizes immune dysfunction
• Improves tissue repair and healing
• Improves host defense to infection
• Improves microcirculation
• Improves stress tolerance
• Inhibits viral replication
• Improves cancer defense
• Increases antioxidant and glutathione production
• Reverses immunosuppression of CFS/FM/Lyme
• Reduces inflammation
Signs of Low Thymosin Alpha 1 Levels Include:
• Slow and difficult wound healing
• Tired appearance
• Fatigue and lacking motivation; physical exhaustion
• Chronic infections (colds, ST, conjunctivitis, HBV, HCV, more severe infections)
• Persistent illness; ie constant bouts of ‘flu’
• Joint pain & injury
Thymosin Beta 4
Thymosin Beta 4 is present in all human cells—but naturally found in higher concentrations in tissue damaged area.
In addition to the benefits listed above for Thymosin Alpha, it also is a potent anti-inflammatory, helps with healing of soft tissue injuries and conditions, and promotes tissue and hair growth.
Benefits of Include:
• Promotes rapid wound healing with little to no scarring
• Enhances collagen deposition
• Potent anti-inflammatory for wounds, muscles, joints
• Works at cellular level supporting tissue stem cells to heal and regenerate the injured tissue
• Prevents adhesion and fibrous band formation in injured tissue ie., muscles, tendons and ligaments
• Protects and restores neurons post-traumatic-brain-injury
• Promotes hair growth
• Reduces acute/chronic pain and/or inflammation
• Improved flexibility
• Darkening of grayed hair
BPC is used to prevent gastric ulcers, improve digestive function, protect and heals inflamed intestinal epithelium (leaky gut), eosinophilic esophagitis, help inflammatory bowel disease and protect the liver from toxic insults.
The body naturally produces BPC in the GI tract. BPC also promotes soft tissue healing as well as healing tendon/muscle/ligament injuries.
Benefits of BPC 157 Include:
• Potent anti-inflammatory
• Possesses neuro-protective properties—specifically modulating the serotonergic and dopaminergic systems
• Promotes angiogenesis and vasculogenesis
• Maintains GI mucosal integrity
• Protects and prevents gastric ulcers
• Improves digestive function (IBS)
• Used in Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) exacerbations/flares
• Protects liver from toxic insults (alcohol, antibiotics, etc) and promotes healing
• Repairs tissue; such as muscle, tendons, ligaments, brain, bone, etc
• Effective treatment for Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
• Protects and heals inflamed intestinal epithelium (Leaky Gut Syndrome)
The Specific Target Conditions of BPC 157 Include:
• Lyme disease
• Chronic viral or intracellular infections
• Autoimmune disease
• Inflammatory conditions
• Chemical sensitivity
• GI ulcers/inflammation
• Inflammatory bowel disease
• Leaky Gut Syndrome
• Prevent/treat heart arrhythmias
CJC-1295 is a peptide hormone that mimics the abilities and effects of GHRH, a naturally occurring hormone in the human body. GHRH is the hormone responsible for stimulating the release of Human Growth Hormone (HGH). CJC-1295 is comprised of 29 amino acids that make GHRH. CJC-1295 functions by promoting a steady and even release of naturally produced HGH in the body. It does not produce a spike in HGH levels but enhances the overall daily production. CJC-1295 may be ideal for those looking for steady increased yet stable levels of HGH.
The primary benefit of increased levels of HGH can be also increases in Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1). IGF-1 affects nearly every cell in the human body from bone and muscle, lungs, skin and even the central nervous system. HGH and IGF-1 are essential components in the regulation and promotion of healing and recovery as well as in the regulation of the metabolism.
• A reduction in fat and increased muscle mass and strength
• Improved joint and connective tissue health
• Greater exercise performance
• Better metabolism
• Greater immune system functionality
• Higher libido Levels
• A better mood and overall sense of well-being
Symptoms of Growth Hormone Deficiency Include:
• Loss of muscle mass during the last few years
• Decrease of overall strength and endurance
• An increased need for recovery time after physical activity
• Skin wounds and muscle strains take longer to heal
• Loss of body hair
• Your skin becoming wrinkled and thin
• Fat around your waist that’s tough to get rid of
• Fat around your knees that just won’t go away
• Decline in your memory and cognitive speed
• Reduction in the quality of your sleep
• Loss of interest in social activities
• Persistent fatigue
Tesamorelin is another peptide that releases Growth Hormone. In clinical trials, It was found to reduce fat accumulated around the waistline for individuals taking HIV medication. Overall, Tesamorelin stimulates the pituitary gland in the brain to secrete growth hormone; this indirect approach appears to maintain more stable, natural levels.
• A noticeable and fast difference in fat reduction in specific areas of the body
• Better exercise performance
• Increased muscle mass and strength
Ipamorelin increases growth hormone secretion as well—just like Tesamorelin CJC-1295. Ipamorelin can increase low GH levels when natural GH secretion has been inhibited by long-term abuse of synthetic GH. Ipamorelin—like all Growth Hormone releasing peptides at Yunique Medical—are very safe to use for both short and long periods of time. No users have reported health issues after use of Ipamorelin.
• Anti-aging effects
• Increased lean muscle mass growth
• Faster weight loss
• Healthy skin, nails and hair growth
• Decreases blood pressure
|Contact me today at (614) 219-9610 or by our contact form to learn how I take a comprehensive approach to nutrition, lifestyle, exercise, and more. This approach assures long-term results by customizing programs based on individual needs.|